Clear Aligners including such brands as Invisalign®, has changed the face of teeth straightening. Instead of wires attached to your teeth, your teeth can be straightened invisibly.
The key benefits of clear aligner therapy compared to traditional braces include;
- Aligners are close to invisable. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Aligners are removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Aligners are comfortable. No metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation, and less time in the dentist’s chair getting adjustments.
Clear Aligner come in handy in the treatment of many alignment problems in both adults and children including;
- Gaps: Gaps can leave your teeth vulnerable to decay and your gums vulnerable to infection. Invisalign can easily bring teeth together and close considerable gaps.
- Crowding: Crowding occurs when the teeth grow too close together and displace each other. Crowding makes it difficult to floss and brush properly and can increase one’s risk of gum disease or tooth decay.
- Improper Bite: The misalignment of teeth can lead to an improper bite, which can in turn cause a number of jaw complications. Common bite problems include an overbite, underbite, and crossbite. Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder is one condition associated with bite issues.
If you would like to know about our Orthodontic treatments, schedule a Free orthodontic appointment with us here