Please read our Cancellation Policy, outlined below, carefully.
You do not have to agree to this policy however, without your agreement, we will not be able to provide you with dental treatment.
By making any type of dental appointment with any dentist in a No Gaps Dental clinics means that you agree to this policy in full.
1. Why does No Gaps Dental have a cancellation policy?
We have a cancellation policy because
- It is not possible to fill an appointment time by booking in another patient at short notice
- Your dentist dedicates significant time and care to treatment planning and preparation
- There are other patients who would have taken the appointment time if given sufficient notice
- There are substantial overhead costs associated with providing you with this service
2. How much notice do I need to give to avoid a cancellation fee?
- For all appointment cancellations, at least 1 full business day* notice is required.
- If less than 1 full business day's notice is given, a cancellation fee will be incurred.
*Except in the case of an illness or family emergency – see below.
3. What is meant by a “business day”?
A " business day" includes any day between Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays or an office closure period.
The appointment cancellation must be received by our office between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Office closure periods will be advised via our phone recording, or on our website.
As an example, notice given on Thursday at 2pm for an appointment at 2pm the following Tuesday is four business days – assuming no public holidays fall in between.
4. How much is the cancellation fee?
For all appointments, the cancellation fee is $70.
5. What is meant by “illness or family emergency”?
We understand that illnesses and family emergencies sometimes occur and we will not charge a cancellation fee in such cases.
A medical certificate may at our discretion be required to waive the cancellation fee.
For clarity, please note the following examples of “family emergencies”:
- An illness or injury to someone in your immediate family
- The death of someone in your immediate or extended family
- A car accident
- A robbery or assault
Please also note the following examples which are not considered “family emergencies” under this policy:
- A meeting called at work or any changes to work rosters or travel requirements
- A school, sports or extra-curricular activity
- A family activity or holiday
- Changes to the availability of a babysitter or child care service
Although we accept that such events may be beyond your control and can be genuine reasons for late cancellation, we still require that you take responsibility for these types of circumstances and a cancellation fee would still apply.
6. What happens if a cancellation fee is not paid promptly?
If a cancellation fee is charged under this policy and you do not pay the fee promptly, we will be unable to continue providing you with any kind of dental treatment. We also reserve the right to take any further reasonable action necessary to recover any unpaid fees and to bill you for any reasonable additional costs incurred in taking such action.
We hope you find this to be a fair and reasonable policy and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
To cancel your appointment, you can do so via our online cancellation form HERE.